Default GPG Encryption Algorithm (symmetric cipher) is?

frankexchange at nospammail.net frankexchange at nospammail.net
Sun Jan 2 13:15:39 CET 2011

Thanks to everyone for providing tips, I found the answer at:

"The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5"
http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Operational-GPG-Commands.html

and used the Ubuntu Terminal to list the ciphers used:

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: 3DES (S2), CAST5 (S3), BLOWFISH (S4), AES (S7), AES192 (S8),
        AES256 (S9), TWOFISH (S10), CAMELLIA128 (S11), CAMELLIA192
        (S12),
        CAMELLIA256 (S13)

Frank