--digest-algo ignored on gnupg-1.4.9?

freejack at is-not-my.name freejack at is-not-my.name
Wed Jan 5 19:37:24 CET 2011

Hi, it appears --digest-algo is ignored for symmetric encryption using gpg
1.4.9. I was able to verify --cipher-algo does work but for some reason no
matter what I specify for --digest-algo I always get RIPEMD160 as the hash
according to --list-packets and pgpdump. It's definitely looking at what I
specify for --digest-algo because an invalid value produces an error message
"selected digest algorithm is invalid" but good values specified seem to be
ignored and no warning message is issued.