Problems with pcsc-lite 1.6.6 and Cherry ST-2000U

Martin Gollowitzer gollo at fsfe.org
Tue Jan 11 17:27:09 CET 2011

Hi all,

Has anyone experienced problems with the most recent version of
pcsc-lite (1.6.6) when using an OpenPGP smartcard with GnuPG? My card
reader, a Cherry ST-2000U stopped working after I updated my Gentoo
system recently (while my SCR335 still works). I tried to do some
debugging and scdaemon reports an unknown PC/SC error code. This is all
I could find out. I also tried to disable the internal CCID driver, but
this didn't change anything. I still receive different error messages
(like "no card found" although the card is inserted).
Any hints what I could do?

Thanks,
Martin