Organizing GPA public key list into favourites groups????

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 20:43:26 CET 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:21:16 +0100, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:22, bo.berglund at gmail.com said:
>
>> When I open the preferences in GPA there are next to no settings at
>> all that can be configured. :-(
>
>Select Edit->Backend_Preferences.  This allows to change many more
>options.  It is basically a menu for most of the configuration options
>of all backend modules (gpg, gpg-agent and so on).

Found it but it is of little help actually...
For example I found this on the tab "GPG for OpenPGP":

"Options controlling the configuration"
Default key
encrypt-to
group

In all cases there was a dropdown to the right of the name saying "Do
not use option" or "Use custom value".
Then to the right of this and empty edit box with no indication on
what to enter or do....

In similar cases in other applications there would be a button to
click and then possibly a dialog box asking for the name of the item,
in this case the group. THen tghere would be a list of valid items to
choose from into this grouping. None of this happens with GPA. :-(

I really need to get some help in doing this properly.

Say that I have three public keys to my collegues that I want to add
into a simple to use group for encryption. What do I do in this
dialogue to make it happen?

And will the group now appear in my public key list when I want to
encrypt to someone??

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden