Organizing GPA public key list into favourites groups????

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:11:43 CET 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:38:24 -0800, Paul Richard Ramer
<free10pro at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 01/12/2011 03:42 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>Could you give us the error message?  It may help someone figure out
>what the issue is.

Now back home and have repeated the error:
I opened the document in MSWord and then started the batch file.
The command in the batch file is (modified file name):

gpg -r devgroup --encrypt XXX_Specification.doc

The output from gpg is:

gpg: 0x8A51A0EE: skipped: public key already present
gpg: can't open `XXX_Specification.doc': Invalid argument
gpg: XXX_Specification.doc: encryption failed: Invalid argument

The first line is probably because I am part of the devgroup and my
key is also set as the default key so it will encrypt to that key
always.

The error indicates a problem for gpg to "open" the document file,
which may be understandable since MSWord is currently having the file
open.

However, GPA is able still to encrypt the file if I use that, so there
must be some gpg option or such that makes it open the file as
read-only when encrypting it. I have failed to locate that though...

And if I close the document in MSWord, then the batch command is able
to encrypt the file.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden