Thunderbird/Live/Outlook users' habits

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 14:16:28 CET 2011

In my view, what you are really discussing are how individuals parse or
associate ideas.  It just so happens that what makes information
different from raw and discrete data are the cultural and religious
assumptions and context added to the data.  Briefly stated, as any
Anthropologist and/or Psychologist will explain, humans find it a nearly
impossible task to separate their cultural and/or religious assumptions
from what individuals define as being "logical".  At the root of this
problem are not merely these assumptions, but language itself which
incorporates and reaffirms these assumptions continuously providing the
illusion of support of the "logical" appearance of the assumption.

These prejudices, for lack of a better term, influence not only what we
see as "logical", but what we see or accept as viable science.  This is
a more intractable problem than writing any program or straightforward
script as the very foundation regarding what one believes needs to be
addressed or corrected is seen in terms of one's individual, and usually
untested, understanding.  Of course, although as a society humanity
developed mathematics and science to see such errors of thinking more
clearly it is sadly also obvious that history shows very clearly that
more often than not, humans require more than a generation at the
minimum to catch such errors.