MacGPG2 v2.0.17 released!

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 25 11:03:16 CET 2011

Op 25-1-2011 9:50, Werner Koch schreef:

> Another and real practical
> reason against such a long key is that it will unusable on my
> smartphone.

What kind of smartphone do you have? Since when does GnuPG exists for
phones? I would be really interested in a Symbian version, or I would
have to wait for Meego to become adult.

>>From past experience we know that many users will use such ridiculous
> long keys.

Ah, the good old CKT builds. :-)

> As of now I have only 1 8k RSA key in my keyring compared to
> 22 4k, 108 2k and 172 1k.  I hope we can keep the number of 8k keys at
> bay until everyone will be using ECC.

I have a 3k ElGamal key (reasoning: 3k is supposed to be just a bit
stronger than 128 bits which makes my secret key not the weakest point
but also not longer than that, using 4k or even larger would make the
symetric algo the weaker point), is 3k not an option for RSA?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Johan Wevers