Len Sassaman

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Jul 4 09:53:31 CEST 2011

Len Sassaman, a former employee of PGP (during the 1998-2001 time
period) who was also instrumental in writing the Mixmaster anonymous
remailers, died yesterday in Belgium in an apparent suicide brought on
by severe depression.

I knew Len: not as well as many, more than most.  We had a conflicted
and mixed history.  That said, no one who knew him could doubt his
commitment to anonymity and privacy.  These issues occupied a great deal
of his time and life, and our community is stronger for his
participation in it.

	/Accipe fraterno multum manantia fletu,
	 Atque in perpetuum, frater, ave atque vale./

		-- Catullus