Can version 1.4.11 be configured to use IDEA?

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue Jul 19 09:45:43 CEST 2011

Looks like the answer to my question iz: Not legally. I was thinking
that IDEA was more than ten years old, which I thot meant that the
patent on it was expired. Silly me, though, looks like patent law
changed for about seven more years of length. So, while I'm waiting for
six months or whatever, I might az well change the password (and
encryption algo) on my private key with gpg 1.2.2., and then migrate to
1.4.11.

Hopefully, I can use the same key with PDF. Kuz, if not, then I *do*
know how to convert PDF keys (S/MIME) to PGP format, and I want only one
key for everything. I revoked a subkey before I realized that people
need it to encrypt messages to me.
_______
http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/