secring and dropbox

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:28:00 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 04:16:17PM -0400, Len Cooley wrote:
> Is it a bad idea to place your secring in dropbox?

I guess it's all about security versus convenience. So long as your
passphrase contains enough entropy, is strong, and secure, then I don't see
the big deal.

With that said, I don't see the need either. You have the tools and
hardware available to you, at very cheap prices, to build your own cloud
storage on your own private network. We've had this for years. So why trust
some 3rd party to do it for you? Why risk, even a miniscule amount of
privacy when you don't have to?

Just my $0.02.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .