secring and dropbox

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:39:16 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:23:12AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 03:25, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:
> > I'm presenting the script here in case someone else finds it useful, but really, it's embarrassingly simple.
>
>  gpg --gen-random --armor 1 16
>
> Might even be a bit simpler ;-)

Ah, cool. However, as the gpg(1) manual states, --gen-random removes
precious entropy from your system. It might be worth adding to that note,
that regenerating entropy isn't that big of a deal. Something along the
lines of:

    $ du / > /dev/null

Should be sufficient, by causing a lot of disk interrupts. Just a thought.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o