gpg-agent automatically use passphrase for signing subkey?

Chris Poole lists at chrispoole.com
Thu Jul 21 15:51:42 CEST 2011

Hi

I have a program which encrypts and signs files; I supply the same key
ID for both operations, the 'primary ID'.

My key actually consists of the main key and two subkeys, for
encryption and signing.

I'm using gpg-agent to cache my passphrase.

I get asked for my passphrase (pinentry screen) once for the
encryption key, and then again, for the signing key.

Can I instruct the agent to give the passphrase for any subkey? Given
that they're both subkeys, the passphrases are the same.

Thanks

Chris Poole
[PGP BAD246F9]