gpg-agent automatically use passphrase for signing subkey?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Jul 24 20:00:28 CEST 2011

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:30, kloecker at kde.org said:

> to use the cache for signing but not for decryption), so why not add
> another option like --share-signing-and-decryption-cache? (I guess, if I
> really wanted this I should provide a patch. :-) )

Actually an option is not even required.  When importing a secret key in
2.1 we try to use the same passphrase before assuming they are
different.  However this requires that we add a bit of extra code - I
think it can be done easily but there are more important tasks right
now.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner