Smartcards and readers

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Mon Jul 25 02:23:08 CEST 2011

On 7/24/2011 5:57 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> I'm looking into picking up an OpenPGP smartcard and reader for an OS X
> system.  The card itself can be picked up from KernelConcepts, but there
> seem to be an awful lot of different readers available.
>
> If anyone has any *direct experience* (not "I heard from my friend's
> bowling partner that...") with different readers for OS X systems, I'd
> love to hear about them.  Which ones work well, and which are best avoided?

I've used both an SCR3310 and an SCR3500 without problems on OSX, as
well as Windows and Linux.  The SCR3500 has a nice form factor if you
have a laptop, but I'm always afraid I'm going to accidentally smack it
on something and break it.  The SCR3310 is nice, but I wish there was a
model with a six inch cord.

--
Grant