Including public key

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Jul 28 04:30:06 CEST 2011

On 7/27/11 10:25 PM, Len Cooley wrote:
> Well, let me ask you this. Is it useful/useless/ridiculous/orwhat to
> attach your public key as a sig at the end of an email, such as below?

As with most things in life, "it depends."  There are almost certainly
environments in which doing so makes a lot of sense.  Competing
standards, such as S/MIME, do something similar to this as a matter of
course, so it's not entirely whacked-out.

That said, in the OpenPGP community usage like this seems pretty rare.
Most people are happy to just use the certificate servers.  :)