problem getting gpg to work

Scott Lambdin lopaki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:23:27 CEST 2011

It sounds like you already know how to unzip them.  Are you asking how to
decrypt them?

Do you have any reason to believe the files were encrypted for a key that
you have in your possession?

gpg --list-packets <file>

will tell you the key that was used to encrypt.  If you do not have the
private key for it, you are out of luck.

--Scott

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Wanda Sprowl <wmsprowl at austin.rr.com> wrote:

>  I have a zipped file that I un zipped and then notice the file types are
> gpg.
>
> I installed the gpg and un tarred it in a different location where the zip
> folder is, does that matter?
>

> Also, what command do I use to unzip the gpg file ?
>
> When I ungpg or gz the file I need to be a txt file for importing into
> access.
>

> Many thanks
>
> Mary

“Until we have the courage to recognize cruelty for what it is—whether its
victim is human or animal —we cannot expect things to be much better in this
world. We cannot have peace among men whose hearts delight in killing any
living creature.”—Rachel Carson, Silent Spring