Problem with faked-system-time option

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Jun 6 00:15:29 CEST 2011

On 06/05/2011 03:15 PM, Amano Corunga wrote:
> Those are a lot of questions, but I'm still highly sceptical towards
> that GPG2 monster and would prefer to stay with my more manageable
> GPG1, if it only had that faked-system-time option.  Is there room for
> hope to get it enhanced that way?

If you're using debian or a debian-derived operating system (e.g.
ubuntu), you have a choice of faketime or datefudge; both of these
packages can fake the system clock for any dynamically-linked executable.

for example:

0 dkg at pip:~$ date
Sun Jun  5 18:13:19 EDT 2011
0 dkg at pip:~$ faketime 2010-03-05 date
Fri Mar  5 00:00:00 EST 2010
0 dkg at pip:~$

hth,

	--dkg