formatting of gpg blocks

0 ypLxswPm8C24VUMt at lavabit.com
Sun Jun 19 22:33:53 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 20:47 +0200, Jerome Baum wrote:
> Whose key is it? When you make a signature (whether on key or data),
> you need to be aware of what that signature says. Is this your key? It
> should already be signed by default. Is this another person's key? Why
> are you signing it? Have you verified that the key is valid? etc. Read
> through http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html to get a better
> understanding -- before you make any certifications.

This is my own public key. I was talking about signing my own public key
before giving it to other people. Maybe it is already signed, because
when I click on sign, nothing seems to change. However there is nothing
under the column 'signature id' next to my email. I guess those
recommendations were outdated if the key is already signed by default.

seahorse, however, might not be representative of what's actually going
on, so I went to kgpg and saw that were two signatures under my key: one
inside the key pair, and another inside the sub key. I couldn't delete
either.