hashed user IDs [was: Re: Security of the gpg private keyring?]

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 3 09:30:13 CET 2011

Op 2-3-2011 20:25, MFPA schreef:

> It is also much easier to create new email addresses than it is to
> change phone numbers. And more practical to have multiple or
> short-life email addresses than is the case with phone numbers.

Not really, here I can get a new (mobile) phone number by buying a
prepaid simcard for about 10 Euro (including 10 Euro credit). The
cheapest prepaid packages with phone are about 15 Euro (old model phone
that is being dumped). For some contacts that is precisely what I do:
give them a second number, if I get too many calls on it I don't want I
replace the simcard.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html