signed messages take an eternity to be formatted by evolution

Bernhard Kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Wed Mar 9 07:52:12 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I am using ubuntu 10.10, gpg and evolution. And I am reading this
mailing list for quite some time. Lately to read this list is a pain
since many keys are no longer found on the key server(s) I have entered
into the keyserver list and for any mail thus signed with an unknown key
I have to wait till the keyservers time limit is reached.

When a message's key is not found I get the following: message signed,
but the public key is required. a click on the symbol reveals:

gpg: ASCII-Hülle: Version: GnuPG v2.0.18-gitcb2f55e (GNU/Linux)
gpg: ASCII-Hülle: Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -
http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
gpg: Signatur am Di 01 Mär 2011 03:20:12 CET mit RSA Schlüssel, ID
A18A54D6, erfolgt
gpg: Schlüssel A18A54D6 von hkp Server wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net anfordern
gpg: Schlüsselserver hat das Zeitlimit überschritten
gpg: Unterschrift kann nicht geprüft werden: Öffentlicher Schlüssel
nicht gefunden

i.e. last three lines:
get the key from the key server
time limit of the key server reached
signature can not be tested, no public key found

I would be very gratefull if someone could point me to a remedy of this
situation.

Greetings from the Black Forest

Bernhard