For Windows

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Sat Mar 12 01:40:47 CET 2011

On 3/11/11 3:50 PM, Jonathan Ely wrote:
> Hello. I use Enigmail, so of course I have GnuPG installed. I use 1.4.9
> because [1] I can not find an executable for 2.0.17 for Windows, and [2]
> I do not know how to configure the GPG-agent. Can somebody please assist
> me with upgrading to 2.0.17 and configuring the agent? For about a week
> I have been searching everywhere but found nothing. I did install
> GPG4WIN then uninstalled it because I could not figure out how to use
> the agent and the GPA utility is not screen reader accessible. Thanks in
> advance for your help.
>
> PS. I am blind and use a screen reader. Everything must be 100% keyboard
> accessible.

Sorry, I don't have any windows boxes around right now, but did want to
provide two notes.

- GPG4WIN is the right package to install gpg2 on windows, so you've got
the right installer.  It's a shame GPA doesn't work with a screen reader.

- The 1.4 branch is still supported and maintained in parallel with the
2.0 branch.  If 1.4.9 is working for you, just stick with 1.4.9, or
perhaps upgrade to 1.4.11.

--
Grant

"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."