Computer tools and Human Intelligence

Mike Acker Mike_Acker at charter.net
Sat Mar 12 22:00:07 CET 2011

Authentication "Mechanism"

I'm not so sure about this.

Public Key Signatures are tools which enable us to test identities
against our known references.

The Important Things are that we see to the validity of those Known
References and that we effect Due Diligence in running the tests when
appropriate.

The PGP signatures provide the tools for this; I think human
intelligence will always be needed.  although automation would be very
desirable when procedures have been established,-- such as in connecting
with a service using SSL or TLS.