hashed user IDs [was: Re: Security of the gpg private keyring?]

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Mar 13 06:43:32 CET 2011

On 3/12/2011 7:41 PM, Hauke Laging wrote:
> No. You just control who can make the next step: Mapping keys to UIDs.

Yes.  Like I said, you want an ORCON system.  If you control how people
can use data, then you've entered ORCON.

As soon as you invent an ORCON system, I would love to revisit this
conversation.  I am not being in the slightest bit facetious: I think
ORCON systems are difficult theoretical and practical challenges and I'd
love to see a successful system fielded.

It's just that, as currently drafted, this isn't it.