GPG and PGP

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Mon Mar 14 17:53:42 CET 2011

iOn Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:50:29 -0400 Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>
wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:50, vedaal at nym.hush.com said:
>
>> (btw, Disastry is the one who wrote the IDEA.dll module,
>> specifically to bridge the gap between gnupg and pgp users.)
>
>Hmmm, the signature claims that I wrote it.

I stand corrected, and am in awe.

Disastry's signature is on the ideadll file in the ideadll.zip file
on his site.
Is that your signature on the idea.c module from key ID 621CC013 ?

=====[begin quoted section]=====
idea.c  -  IDEA function
 *	Copyright (c) 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001 by Werner Koch (dd9jn)
 *
 * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining a
 * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
"Software"),
 * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without
limitation
 * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute,
sublicense,
 * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to
whom the
 * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
conditions:
 *
 * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in
 * all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
 *
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY,
 * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO
EVENT SHALL
 * WERNER KOCH BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
WHETHER
 * IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT
OF OR IN
 * CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.
 *
 * Except as contained in this notice, the name of Werner Koch
shall not be
 * used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or
other dealings
 * in this Software without prior written authorization from Werner
Koch.
=====[end quoted section]=====

Well even if you don't recommend it,
at least people who *need* it, can now trust the author ;-))

vedaal