hashed user IDs [was: Re: Security of the gpg private keyring?]

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Wed Mar 16 04:24:56 CET 2011

On 16/03/11 2:04 PM, Doug Barton wrote:

> I do, occasionally, get spam directed to addresses that I am sure
> were harvested from they keyservers.

How long ago would those addresses have been harvested from the
keyservers?

> However at the far outside of the range it's no more than 10/month,
> whereas my usual run rate for all other types of spam is around
> 100/day.

That's actually not that much.  Most stuff directed at my server is
for this address and one or two others and it's usually at least
200/day.  Although that doesn't count anything stopped by the
grey-listing (which stops a *lot*).

Regards,
Ben