Language question

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Thu Mar 17 21:14:54 CET 2011

Ingo Klöcker wrote the following on 3/17/11 3:41 PM:
> On Thursday 17 March 2011, Charly Avital wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when the user's locale is e.g. French, and she/he is generating a key
>> in Terminal (or DOS prompt, if that's what it is called in Windows),
>>  is the interactive dialogue displayed in French (or in the language
>> of the user's locale)?
>> Ditto for all other gpg interactive dialogues.
>
> On Linux this the case. Why do you ask?
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

Hi Ingo,

I'm asking because in the course of localizing an application written
for Mac users, and that is a GUI for interactive actions that can be
carried via Terminal by Command Line Instructions, I have found several
terms that are exactly the ones that are displayed in Terminal.

I was surprised that in spite of being a GUI, it was still necessary to
actually include those interactive processes in the body of the
applications, whereas _*maybe*_ it would have been possible to somehow
create an interface that would have retrieved the interactive commands
and actions from GnuPG running in the language required for the
localization.

I have *not* written the application (I have no programing skills or
even knowledge), but was just helping to localize the required strings.

Thanks,
Charly