Keyservers

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Mar 20 18:28:06 CET 2011

On Sunday 20 March 2011, Charly Avital wrote:
> Ingo Klöcker wrote the following on 3/20/11 11:43 AM:
> > I doubt this very much because the encoding surely happens before
> > the signing.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Ingo
>
> In my post, I also indicated that there was a string --=20 between
> the actual text and the signature disclaimer ""CONFIDENTIALITY
> NOTICE: This e-mail...."

Well, that's the "standard" signature separator: 2 dashes followed by a
space. To preserve this trailing space Thunderbird/enigmail does the
right thing and encodes it.

> After Jonathan disabled that signature add-on, his signed messages
> verified.

Yeah, well. Even though Jonathan disabled the signature his message is
still quoted-printable encoded. As are my messages. So, quoted-printable
encoding does not seem to be the problem.

Also, Jonathan's message "Re: what are the sub keys" does not have a
signature. Still the signature is broken. What the two messages with
broken signatures seem to have in common is the attached key. Maybe
that's what is causing the problems.

Regards,
Ingo

--