Keyservers

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Sun Mar 20 22:35:41 CET 2011

On 03/20/2011 05:16 PM, Jonathan Ely wrote:
> Really? For me, it is much easier to access the newest reply instead of
> using the Down Arrow key to find it. Gmail always worked the same way
> for me.

Ingo's talking about the body of the message.  Most mailing lists people
reply after the question, so it's in context when you find a thread
later, instead of before, at the top of the message.

Arguably, when reading a message out of context, it's easier when most
people see:

QUESTION: What is the secret to life, the universe and everything?
ANSWER: 42

Rather than:

ANSWER: 42
QUESTION: What is the secret to life, the universe and everything?

Which is what happens when you 'top-post' your answer at the top of the
message.

If it's hard to do compose an interleaved reply with your screen-reader,
that's fine, but you will get people complaining about it every now and
then.  If it's easy, you probably want do to reply after people's
comments, in context, instead of before, when you're on mailing lists.

--
-Grant

"Look around! Can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?"