Deniability

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Mar 21 15:00:01 CET 2011

On 3/21/2011 1:48 AM, Jerome Baum wrote:
> I can imagine  there are going to be  some relatively simple
> statistical attacks on  this scheme (by looking  at algorithms and
> key-sizes of the recipients). What  do you  guys think? What
> problems and  solutions are there?

I think you're trying to use a blender as a personal flotation device.

OpenPGP is not meant to provide deniable communications.  It is
concerned primarily with message confidentiality (encryption) and
message integrity (signing).  Just like blenders blend, PFDs float, and
it's unwise to try and make one do the other's job, I think it's unwise
to crowbar OpenPGP into being a deniable protocol.