deniability

Jerome Baum jerome at jeromebaum.com
Mon Mar 21 18:06:07 CET 2011

"dan at geer.org" <dan at geer.org> writes:

> Ah.  Spam as a covert channel.  Tell me that this isn't already done?

You make  a point,  I should have  been clearer. Randomly  send messages
that can't be decrypted to  random recipients _from a list of recipients
that have agreed to this_ to obscure matters.

It  would be  a lot  of work  to try  decrypting with  each key  but the
recipient could have  a designated "trial" key with  no pass-phrase that
is used to decrypt some kind  of outer layer.  The adversary would still
need to steal that key only  to verify that _with high probability_, the
message was intended for this specific recipient.

--
PGP: A0E4 B2D4 94E6 20EE 85BA E45B 63E4 2BD8 C58C 753A
PGP: 2C23 EBFF DF1A 840D 2351 F5F5 F25B A03F 2152 36DA