Controlling Group Membership with PGP Keys

Mike Acker Mike_Acker at charter.net
Tue Mar 22 16:29:20 CET 2011

On 03/22/2011 11:01, Jerome Baum wrote:
> You'd still have  to manually check _who_ signed my  member uid, to make
> sure it's a group administrator, and timely revocation is an issue.
Quick and Dirty solution: If I have each member of the group set up an
address book for the group then it will be straight forward for the
group administrator to send adds, deletes, and changes pertaining to the
content of that book.

and folks can set up a filter rule in THUNDERBIRD to move messages from
non members into a junk folder and this can pertain to their group
e/mail account only.

this will provide the sort of active regulation that i am looking for
and go a long way to helping to prevent careless errors ( which are a
huge security risk ) .

--
/MIKE