what are the sub keys

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Mar 22 20:57:11 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:43:23 -0400, Lists.gnupg at mephisto.fastmail.net
wrote:
> Sure, there are other, more important security considerations; perhaps
> not in spite of them, but because of them, one can say "Use the maximum
> key length supported, and move on to more important considerations."

Or, one can say as I do, "unless you know what you're doing and why, stick
with the defaults."

I would much rather skip all discussion of key lengths and have people
just use the defaults unless they know for a fact the defaults are
insufficient for their purposes.  Then move on to, as you say, more
important considerations.