what are the sub keys

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Mar 23 21:55:54 CET 2011

On Tuesday 22 March 2011, Jonathan Ely wrote:
> Enigmail allows only 1024, 2048 and 4096. I have never heard of that,
> but even still I would personally choose the largest key for the time
> being till RSA becomes obsolete. Is there anything larger than 4096
> since you mentioned values unknown to me?

Let's see. There's 4097, 4098 and even 4099. And then there's 4100. ;-p

IMHO all those discussions about key sizes are really pathetic. Stick
with the defaults or educate yourself by reading the appropriate
literature instead of starting one non-sensical discussion after the
other on this mailing list. It should be rather obvious by now that key
sizes above 2048 are mostly a matter of personal taste and bad
judgement.

Regards,
Ingo