gpg-agent troubles

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 24 21:00:17 CET 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:40, kapetr at mizera.cz said:

> 1. gpg-agent ignores changed values in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf after
> SIGHUP. I have to kill/restart him ?!

Depends on the option you want to change.  Most are re-read after a HUP
or with "gpgconf --reload gpg-agent" (which of course sends a HUP on
Unix platforms)

> 2. gpg-agent ignores "ignore-cache-for-signing" in config file. I
> had to set "default-cache-ttl 0"  (which is for all) ?

Using GPG?  Right, it is ignored if using GPG 1.4 or GPG 2.0.  The
reason is that those GPG version use the agent only for passphrase
caching and don't let gpg-agent do the actual signing.  The option works
only if gpg-agent performs the signing (e.g. using gpgsm).

With GnuPG 2.1 this changed, here GPG uses gpg-agent for the actual
signing and thus the option should work.

> 3. pinentry do not drag mouse(keyboard yes) even if there is no
> "no-grab". With pinentry dialog open I can still work with mouse

Depends on you pinentry.  At least for the GTK pinentry this was fixed
May 2010 and released with 0.8.1 in December.

> I Use Ubuntu 10.10 - gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.10
> gpg-agent cmdline:

There is no gpg-agent 1.4.x.  Run gpg-agent --version to see the version
of gpg-agent.  I also suggest to use gpg2 instead of gpg.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner