[PGPNET] Jerome

Lance W. Haverkamp lance at thehaverkamps.net
Sat Mar 26 19:16:04 CET 2011

On 03/26/2011 11:23 AM, Jerome Baum wrote:
> Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 16:50, jerome at jeromebaum.com said:
>
>>> summarize: gpg-agent seems to have problems handling thrown keyids.
>
>> You mean the current development version?  Quite possible; that is for
>> what development versions are for.
>
> I don't know which version -- some guys in PGPNET are reporting this.
>
>> For 2.0.x there can't be a problem because gpg-agent does not know
>> anything about keyids because it is only used as a passphrase caching
>> agent.
>
> Again, I don't know anything about this. As you can see in my original
> email (the part where I quoted myself), I use gpg1.

Pretty simple:

Receiving messages with GPG 2.0.14 (Ubuntu Maverick, via Mint Linux):
When messages to multiple recipients have the key ID's thrown, gpg-agent
(?) sequentially requests passwords for all secret key many, many, many
times, but fails to decrypt with any key---even the correct one.

--

Thanks!
Lance W. Haverkamp

Contact & encryption info: