simple gpg syntax question

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Thu May 5 22:17:40 CEST 2011

Yard, John wrote:
> Forgive the simple gpg syntax issue,
>
> I have
>
> gpg --verbose --trust-model always --yes --armour --recipient XXXXX_UCLA
--encrypt $T1

> which encrpts a file , I would like to sign it in the same command , I would
like the output to be $T1.asc

gpg -v --yes --trust-model always -r XXXXX_UCLA -u <signing_key> -sea $T1

-v, --verbose
-r, --recipient
-u, --local-user-name (may be omitted if default-key specified in gpg.conf)
-s, --sign
-e, --encrypt
-a, --armor

.asc implies armored output. That option was the important missing piece.

The .gpg extension is usually used for binary OpenPGP files.

-John
U TX-Arlington

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Enigmail DAWT net,
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or