Storing secrets on other people's computers

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:45:18 CEST 2011

Does having possession of your secret key really make you less secure?
I mean the whole purpose of a passphrase is because you assume your
secret key is *not* safe simply being unprotected in your possession.
Law enforcement, hackers, even friends could *easily* get physical
access to your key so it's the passphrase that's of value.

I've actually thought about posting my key to Bittorrent in case I
ever lost it. It's economical and just as secure as sitting on my pc.
As long as you have a good passphrase, having physical possession of
your key gives an attacker no real advantage.

Anthony

--
Sent from my mobile device

Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
Get real about your software/web development and IT Services
(918) 919-4624

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cajuntechie
My Blog:   http://www.cajuntechie.com