Why is "--allow-non-selfsigned-uid" needed to import this key?

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Tue May 17 18:37:11 CEST 2011

Werner Koch <8762p9qsg4.fsf at vigenere.g10code.de> wrote on 5/17/11
5:04:27 PM:
> I can see no problems from GnuPG's perspective.  I suggest to start with
> a fixed date way before 2038.  There is also an option
> --ignore-valid-drom which pertains to the selection of subkeys.  Check
> the man page.

Did you mean (copy-paste from the man page):

--ignore-valid-from
GnuPG  normally  does  not select and use subkeys created in the
future.  This option allows  the use  of  such  keys  and  thus
exhibits the pre-1.0.7 behaviour. You should not use this option unless
you there is some clock problem. See also --ignore-time-conflict for
timestamp issues with signatures.

Charly