Installing new version of gpg

DUELL, BOB (ATTCINW) bd9439 at att.com
Wed May 25 18:55:33 CEST 2011

A few more questions:

I imagine I need to create these symbolic links:

ln -s /opt/app/gnupg-1.4.11/bin/gpg       /usr/local/bin/gpg
ln -s /opt/app/gnupg-1.4.11/bin/gpg-zip   /usr/local/bin/gpg-zip
ln -s /opt/app/gnupg-1.4.11/bin/gpgsplit  /usr/local/bin/gpgsplit
ln -s /opt/app/gnupg-1.4.11/bin/gpgv      /usr/local/bin/gpgv

But should I also create these?

ln -s /opt/app/gnupg-1.4.11/libexec/gnupg /usr/local/libexec/gnupg
ln -s /opt/app/gnupg-1.4.11/share/gnupg   /usr/local/share/gnupg

And what about these existing files (copies of which are in /usr/local today):

/usr/local/share/locale
/usr/local/lib/charset.alias

And finally, what about these (which do not exist in /usr/local/share today):

/opt/app/gnupg-1.4.11/share/info
/opt/app/gnupg-1.4.11/share/man

I appreciate the help!

Bob

BTW - Although I have rarely posted to this list, it is one of the most interesting discussion groups I follow.  I've been reading it for about five years (since I first installed gpg) and although most of the conversation is way over my head, I learn something new almost every day.