GPG Problem - invalid radix64 character

Jerome Baum jerome at jeromebaum.com
Fri May 27 10:48:16 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:09, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2011 00:04, groups at caseyljones.net said:
>
> > volume. The advantage of those is that a single bit error is likely to
> > only affect one file. If you archive the files before transferring
>
> FWIW, it is the same as with OpenPGP.  The used CFB mode re-syncs after
> soon after the bad block.  However, to avoid willfully manipulation we
> use a checksum over the entire data to detect this (the MDC); the option
> --ignore-mdc-error may be used to ignore a bad checksum.

There is still a compression step by default though, right? I know gzip has
recovery features now, but chances are the compression will get in your way
anyway. Not that I'd consider an encrypted file-system preferable, just
saying.

--
Jerome Baum

tel +49-1578-8434336
email jerome at jeromebaum.com
--
PGP: A0E4 B2D4 94E6 20EE 85BA E45B 63E4 2BD8 C58C 753A
PGP: 2C23 EBFF DF1A 840D 2351 F5F5 F25B A03F 2152 36DA