Bad CA certificate & Invalid card ?

Tue May 31 15:22:56 CEST 2011

Hello!

I'm a newbie GPG user. I'm using Linux Mint Debian Edition and GPG2.
(see enf of email for version info)

Trying to use gpg2 for the first time I get several error messages :

<code>
$ gpg2 --gen-key
[...]
You need a Passphrase to protect your secret key.

gpg: problem with the agent: Bad CA certificate
gpg: problem with the agent: Invalid card
gpg: Key generation canceled.
</code>

What mean “Bad CA certificate” and “Invalid card”?
How can I solve these problems?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Olivier

<code>
$ uname -a
Linux my-desktop 2.6.38-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Apr 7 05:24:21 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

$ gpg2 --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17
libgcrypt 1.4.6

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
        CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2
</code>