"--status-fd"

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 5 21:25:39 CET 2011

When I have a group of messages in a folder, which were encrypted by others
with one of my public keys, and I enter the command "gpg -status-fd", the
gpg program will scroll through all of these messages one by one showing me
the keyID for which each message was encrypted.  However, when I add a
message that I have myself encrypted to one of these same keys on my
keyring, and I put this message in the folder, and run the same command, the
gpg program will scroll through all of these messages just the same way
showing me the keyIDs; but for the message that I just encrypted and added
to the group, it does not show me the keyed.  I tried flushing the cache
beforehand, but the same result occurs.  Why is this message handled
differently?  Thanks.

John