Signing already-encrypted files (all to self)?

Chris Poole lists at chrispoole.com
Fri Nov 11 23:54:16 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM, David Tomaschik
<david at systemoverlord.com> wrote:
> I would just produce a list of SHA1s of the files and then sign that.

OK thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I'd still have to decrypt and re-encrypt
them to keep hashes of all plaintext versions of the files though. (Thinking
about running this script every few days and hashing the latest files pulled
from the IMAP server; it'd be far easier just to find any files not ending in
".gpg" to hash.)

Thanks.