GPA File Manager

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 15 09:23:45 CET 2011

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:28:56 +0100
From: "Sartoretti Pascal" <pascal.sartoretti at elca.ch>
To: <gnupg-users at gnupg.org>
Subject: GPA File Manager : double-click not possible ?

Hello,

I am a new user to the GNU Privacy Assistant; it works fine, but there
is one thing that annoys me in the "File Manager" window : it is not
possible to double-click on a decrypted file to open it (using the
application associated to it in the operating system), I have to open it
via Window's Explorer, which is complex because the file is in a
temporary location created by Microsoft Outlook. Hence my questions :

- Is there an easy way to open a file from GPA's "File Manager" window ?
- Why is it so complex, for security reasons ?

Thanks for any help

Pascal Sartoretti

Take a look at GPGshell.  It will do what you want, and them some.