GPA File Manager

Jerome Baum jerome at jeromebaum.com
Fri Nov 18 09:25:37 CET 2011

On 2011-11-17 22:39, Mark Kirchner wrote:
> Am 17.11.2011 21:31, schrieb Robert J. Hansen:
>> No: *you* would call them intolerant and freedom-of-choice-denying.
>> Please be careful about making universal statements about what the
>> world in general would say: the world generally does not conform to
>> our expectations.
>
> Yes, you're right, it is my personal opinion which could only backed by
> anecdotal evidence - if at all. Anyways, I'm still quite confident that
> quite a lot of people would feel that way.

For what it's worth, I don't feel that it would be "intolerant and
freedom-of-choice-denying" at all if Symantec were to say "in the PGP
forums you should not advocate other alternatives" because "the PGP
forums" are their turf. gnupg-users is GnuPG-the-project's turf so we
follow the rules GnuPG has chosen to adapt. It seems to work out well:
GnuPG-the-project doesn't bother Symantec, and Symantec doesn't bother
GnuPG. Everyone's happy!

--
PGP: A0E4 B2D4 94E6 20EE 85BA E45B 63E4 2BD8 C58C 753A
PGP: 2C23 EBFF DF1A 840D 2351 F5F5 F25B A03F 2152 36DA