Key File for GPG

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Nov 18 23:10:45 CET 2011

On 11/18/2011 04:07 PM, Andreea Diana Lucau wrote:
> I need to load the public key used fir encryption from a local file. Does GPG or GPGme offer this possibility? I've scanned the d and didn't seen something similar. I have gnupgp 2.0.18 and gpgme 1.3.1.

first, do:

gpg --import < localfile.key

then do other gpg stuff, referring to the key by its ID or by the user
ID associated with it.

a single file could contain multiple independent keys, or a single
primary key with a bunch of subkeys, so it doesn't make sense to use the
file itself to indicate which key to use.

hth,

	--dkg