SCR3340 CardReader [Was: Re: Which ExpressCard/54?]

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Sat Nov 19 22:35:21 CET 2011

On 11/19/2011 02:31 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 04:26, olav at enigmail.net said:
>
>> * Gemalto PC Express (PCMCIA HWP114310D)
>
> Gemalto usually works but they are not really interesting in supporting
> free software.
>
>> * SCM Microsystems SCR3340 Express Card Reader
>
> I have very good experience with that vendor; In case that one does not
> work, I promise to spend some time on fixing it.
>

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

Werner & Others,

I actually have an SCR3340 based reader that just doesn't want to work
on my new laptop.  It may not be a GnuPG issue, but perhaps you can
suggest some debugging steps.  (I don't mean to thread hijack, but I
feel it's relevant as the OP is asking about this particular device.)

$ gpg2 --card-status
gpg: OpenPGP card not available: Not supported

I've enabled debugging on scdaemon and attached the log file.

David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate