gpg: BAD signature

Landon Hurley ljh6 at geneseo.edu
Mon Nov 21 03:54:31 CET 2011

Hi all,

I've been getting gpg command line and output:
/usr/bin/gpg
gpg: Signature made Sun 20 Nov 2011 07:25:22 PM EST using RSA key ID
13D0BABB
gpg: BAD signature from "Landon Hurley <ljh6 at geneseo.edu>"
for a while now. I upgraded from 10.10 to 11.10 in the last month, and
I'm guessing that it shouldn't be pointing to /usr/bin/gpg any longer.
However gpg can still be activated from the terminal so I don't
understand why it shouldn't work. I can use the same key pair from my
phone with APG and OpenPGP and it still verifies, both from my phone and
thunderbird. In fact, every account I have except this one that I'm
emailing from works without problem. I thought I might have messed with
the key pair, so I revoked the old key set and generated a new on
device, and then ported them over to my phone. I still get the same
results though. The only difference in output that I can find is the
hash used, SHA1 (Desktop) vs SHA512, but changing that on my phone
didn't result in an error either.

I can get a verification through this account if I activate pgp/mime but
since that only works with clients that support it, I'd rather run it as
part of the email message body.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Landon

Thunderbird 7.0.1
gpg  --version:1.4.11
gpg2 --version:2.0.17

- --Please CC my account

- --
Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies
the grace of Linux,which just tells me they have never seen an angry
penguin charging at
them in excess of 100 mph.They'd be a lot more careful about what they
say if they had.