GPG with SMP?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Oct 5 19:09:06 CEST 2011

On 10/5/11 11:01 AM, Thomas Harning Jr. wrote:
> Mr. Hansen, thanks for the correction on CTAK, made me re-look into the
> specific details of CTAK... whoops.  Should have taken a look at the
> OpenPGP specification and noticed that CFB is what is used for all
> symmetric encryption.

Goofs happen, man.  :)

Also, a note for anyone who's confused (what's CTAK? does GnuPG use CTAK
or CFB for symmetric encryption? etc.): CFB stands for "Cipher
Feedback", which is a particular mode of operation for symmetric
ciphers.  CTAK is "Ciphertext Autokey", which is the exact same thing by
another name.