Useful factoid

Jerome Baum jerome at jeromebaum.com
Thu Oct 13 14:29:58 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-13 14:14, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> On 10/13/11 7:51 AM, Jerome Baum wrote:
>> Take a look:
>
> I did.  You said I have to access your computer, to try logging in
> through the Internet.  I don't.  I just have to find an exploit.

I didn't say anything (modulo "Take a look").

> Saying "my front door is locked" is great, but it's not so great when
> you consider a good thief knows how to pick locks.  Against that kind
> of adversary a lock isn't much of a prevention device: at best it
> delays the thief by a minute.

"You have to access my computer" would be "you have to enter my house".
Nobody ever said "you have to enter my house via the front door".

Also, a thief that picks my front door would be someone who brute-forces
my login (assuming the front door is my login). You probably meant a
thief who just smashes a window or climbs through one that is open.

--
PGP: A0E4 B2D4 94E6 20EE 85BA E45B 63E4 2BD8 C58C 753A
PGP: 2C23 EBFF DF1A 840D 2351 F5F5 F25B A03F 2152 36DA